Our dedication to employee safety, in what can be a dangerous business, is second to none. Shepard Steel’s strong safety culture ensures that we preserve a healthy, injury-free, productive team. Some highlights of our program include:
- A comprehensive incentive program that rewards safe work practices.
- OSHA 10 and 30 hour trained project managers, drivers and administrators.
Our active in-house safety committee has:
- An authorized OSHA outreach trainer
- Serves on the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
Over the years, Shepard Steel has received numerous safety awards, including:
- National Safety Council of Western New England – Outstanding awards for Nationally Reducing our Occupational Safety Incident Rate (Below the National Average)
- ABC – (Associated Builders Contractors): received a Silver award in 2014 and a Gold award for 2015 – for outstanding performance in safety and incident reduction of employee injuries.
- CCIA / AGC – 2015 award for outstanding Safety Program
- 2018 Willis Towers and Watson National Safety Award